Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Food and Beer

When I think of backyard bbq’s I think of kicking back with your friends and family and having an ice-cold beer. I always find myself trying to pair foods with wine but sometimes forget that beer pairs fantastically with food! Now, I don’t know much about beer and food pairings but what I do know is this; when I am cooking with a particular alcohol I find it better to also be drinking it. So, lets say I'm cooking with a Sauvignon blanc white wine; I would serve that dish paired with the same wine I cooked with. I find drinking it compliments the food very nicely.

When my chicken wings are marinated in beer, the yeast in the beer creates a softer more tender finished product. You can pretty much use any beer of your choice, I would just recommend something that is not a “lite” beer, so the beer is stronger in flavor and can hold up against the other ingredients.

 

 

Beer chicken wings

 

Ingredients


1/4-cup olive oil 


1/2-cup beer

1/4-cup light soy sauce 


1/8 cup lemon juice 


1/2-teaspoon salt 


1/4-teaspoon pepper 


1/8 teaspoon ginger 


1 clove garlic, minced 


3 to 3 1/2 lbs. chicken wings 




 

 

Instructions

Combine all ingredients except chicken and blend well. Rinse chicken under very cold water. Drain on paper towels. Place in large bowl or plastic bag and pour the marinade over wings. Turn all pieces to coat thoroughly. Cover tightly and refrigerate 24 hours. 

Place chicken skin-side up in a roasting pan. Discard excess marinade. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 1 hour. 
OR heat grill to medium high and grill for 30 minutes, until cooked through. 


No comments:

Post a Comment