Tuesday, July 20, 2010

SoCal Side Dish

Well, its about a thousand degrees outside in Southern California, so that means swimming pools, beaches, bikini’s, outdoor grilling and fruity drinks!  YAY! Something that is really fun for me is coming up with new, light side dishes for summer time bbq’s. When I want to get outside and enjoy my friends and the sun the last thing I want to do is slave away on side dishes, so I want to make sure I can make something fast and easy but not totally common. I find that this Grape tomato and Feta salad a great compliment for any meal. The acidity of the tomato cuts through the tart creamy Feta cheese perfectly, and is complimented by the cucumber, which gives a fresh and cooling aspect. So get outside, grill up some burgers and serve this salad and your friends will be asking you for the recipe!

 

 

Tomato and Feta Salad

Ingredients

4 pints grape tomatoes, red or mixed colors, halfed

1 large cucumber, diced ½- ¾ inch cubes

1/4 cup good white wine vinegar

6 tablespoons EVOO

1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves

1 1/2 pounds feta cheese, diced ½- ¾ inch cubes

Salt and pepper (to taste)

 

Directions

Add tomatoes and cucumber in a large bowl. Add the vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley and toss well.  Gently fold feta cubes into the salad and serve at room temperature.

1 comment: