Monday, May 10, 2010

"Fig Tree Cafe" in Venice beach

I don’t think I've ever met anyone who doesn’t like the beach, and living in Los Angeles, California, we have some great ones! Depending on the kind of beach experience you want to have dictates the beach you go to. If you want to go to a high-end area beach, you can go to Malibu Colony’s beach, or if you want a little low key but fun beach you can go to Santa Monica.

This past weekend while dropping off my boyfriend at his weekly football game in Venice, my friend Ashley and I decided that we would layout and catch some rays at the Venice beach. The weather was a beautiful 78 degrees without a cloud in the sky. The boardwalk was packed with its usual colorful characters, almost like the beach version of Hollywood blvd. As we wondered down the boardwalk, observing the interesting shops and street performers, delicious smells of foods came from every corner restaurant. After looking at the specials and menu’s from a few different restaurants, we resided at a place called “Fig Tree Café.” Sort of a breakfast all day kind of place. Famished, we quickly try to order, but the service was off to a bad start, but the waitress finally came to take our order.

I ordered the “Goat cheese, Caramelized onion, and shitake mushroom scramble, with potato pancakes” and, because I deserve it, a glass of champagne! Now I'm not kidding when I say that that was the best scramble I have ever had!! I mean, the ingredients were simple and pretty basic, but something about the creamy and tangy goat cheese, with the sweet caramelized onions and the smooth, chewy shitake mushrooms all together were DELIcIOUS!! Not to mention, there glass of champagne was HUGE!

All in all, I thought the ambiance of the café was relaxing with a view of being right on the beach, and it was very entertaining as the traffic of people from all walks of life passed by.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment