Friday, April 16, 2010

LA lifestyle recipe

Being that this blog is about great food in LA… I was thinking that could be anything! Also being that I’m on a strict diet, it usually makes it more difficult to enjoy the indulgences of LA cuisine that I am so grown to love so much. Instead, I starve and deprive myself of nutrients, and try to wither away to almost nothing like most of the oh so trendy, glamorous LA girls. PHYCH!!  Actually not at all, I'm eating a lot of everything I like, and because I am primarily a healthy foods chef I am always to come up with new, delicious and healthy recipes. I want to share one that I came up with yesterday, its low in carbohydrates, high in freshness and flavor, and a great comfort food dish. And on any other occasion I would pair it with a nice, decadent grilled cheese!

 

Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper soup

 

Ingredients:

1 ½ lbs tomatoes, cut in half and de-pulped seeded

1 red peppers, rustic chop

3 sprigs Thyme

1 onion, rustic chop, no seeds

2 cloves garlic, peeled

2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar

3 tbsp EVOO

6 oz tomato paste

3 cups vegetable stock

 

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Toss first 6 ingredients together, place on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.

In a large, deep pot, heat ½ tbsp EVOO, add tomato paste and cook for about 2 minutes on medium high heat.

Remove tomatoes from oven and disguard thyme. Add tomatoes to pot. And stir not to burn.

Add stock and stir on medium low heat, bring to a simmer. And remove from heat.

Blend with an emersion blender, or blend in a food processor or blender in portions.

Serves 4-6

 

 

 

 

1 comment: