Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Gazpacho! -the forgotten soup

I don’t know why, but lately I have been obsessed with coming up with delicious and healthy new soups. I have noticed that for the most part people usually stick to a few familiar “hot” soups such as, tomato, chicken noodle, etc. One thing that I always feel is left out of the “soup” category is Gazpacho! Gazpacho is a cold or room temperature vegetable soup, typically a Spanish tomato based cold soup… but who’s judging! This is my blog and I’ll call my cold soup recipe whatever I want! Lol.

Unless you are planning on going to some upscale restaurant where you are going to spend an arm and a leg to eat a tiny bowl of gazpacho, you will not typically find it.  Chances are, you will only find traditional hot soup at a lunch café or chain restaurant. I recommend making this Avocado soup recipe because 1. I've never had it in a restaurant. 2. It’s great for diets and is less than 300 calories per serving. 3. You can keep in cold in your refrigerator for up to 5 days and eat whenever you are hungry. 4. Avocado’s contain nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, and is considered a “super fruit.” 4. I only make great soups!

 

So anyways, here it is!! Hope you like it, and if you make any of my recipes, feed back people, feed back! Lol

 

 

Avocado soup

 Ingredients 

2 cups fat-free, less sodium chicken broth

2 avocados, chopped

1 cup water

1 cup rinsed and drained navy beans

½ cup fat-free plain yogurt

1 ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice

¼ tsp Tabasco

1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped

salt and pepper (to taste)

¼ cup queso fresco (optional as garnish)

 Directions

Add all ingredients (accept queso) in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, scraping the sides. To serve, distribute evenly into 4 bowls. Sprinkle quaso cheese over top.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment