Friday, December 10, 2010

No bake - Peace of cake!

 I LOVE desserts! And I also love baking, but when I am cooking a big meal in a little kitchen with limited oven space, it makes dessert difficult to fit in to your dinner plans. I could just go to the grocery store and buy a dessert, but where is the fun in that!

I have emphasized in previous entries that I LOVE the holidays and I am always looking to create delicious and easy recipes to bring to your friends holiday parties. When you want to be with family and friends, you don’t want to be slaving away in the kitchen. With minimal ingredients and no baking, this recipe is perfect! This is also a really fun recipe to make with kids, or to let them do themselves! Just set out all the ingredients on the kitchen table with a mixer and give them direction. It’s that easy and pretty fool proof. Plus, it’s much safer than having them running around you in the kitchen with the hot oven and stove.

In addition, for all my anti-sugar friends out there, you can replace the sugar with splenda or a sugar substitute. You could use a reduced fat cream cheese as well, but I really do think that it compromises the flavor and texture of the cheesecake. So I would stick with the regular cream cheese, it will make for a creamier, more decedent finished product.

 

 No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake

Ingredients

1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened 


1 cup canned pumpkin 


1/2-cup sugar 


1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice


1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed, divided 


1 Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.) 


Directions

Beat cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently fold in 2-1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate remaining whipped topping for later use.

Spoon cream cheese mixture into crust.

Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Serve topped with remaining whipped topping. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator

No comments:

Post a Comment